- 80g Butter
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- small can of pineapple slices
- Glaced cherries (optional)
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- ¾ Cup pineapple juice (from can)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Cup self raising flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Do the following in a 20cm cake pan.
- Melt Butter in Pan
- Spread brown sugar evenly over the butter
- Arrange pineapple slices and the cherries in a desired pattern on the butter / sugar.
- Beat eggs until for about five minutes
- Continue beating and gradually add in sugar, then juice and vanilla.
- Add sifted flour and salt to the mixture.
- Pour over the topping in the cake tin
- Bake in oven (moderate 180C) for 45 minutes to an hour
- Turn pan upside down on a plate and cool for 10 - 15 minutes