- ¼ cup self-raising flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 500 g potatoes
- 60 g butter
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Beat eggs well and add to dry ingredients.
- Peel and grate onion. Add to mixture in bowl with parsley. Mix well.
- Wash, peel and grate potatoes.
- Put in cloth or absorbent paper and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Add potatoes to egg mixture and beat thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Heat butter in a frying pan.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter into pan and flatten slightly with a spoon.
- Cook over medium heat until golden brown and crisp on one side.
- Turn carefully and brown on other side.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Total time: 30 min