- 4 tbsp oil for frying
- 1 rabbit in pieces (about 1 kg)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 chilli, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup coconut cream
- Fry the rabbit pieces in oil until browned. Transfer to a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, capsicums and the chilli to the frypan; cook until onion is transparent. Transfer to the saucepan.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, salt and pepper to the saucepan, and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat for about 2 hours. Remove the rabbit pieces and keep warm. Turn the heat up on the saucepan to high, and boil the liquid until it has been reduced by half.
- Return the rabbit pieces to the pan, and stir in the coconut milk. Cook, stirring gently, until heated through.