- 150ml olive oil
- Cracked pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 tbsn chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 x 1.5kg leg of goat
- The cloves from one bulb of garlic
- Small onions
- Small washed potatoes
- 1-2 cups red wine
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, bay leaves and marjoram together in a small bowl. Place the goat leg in a baking dish, pour half the mixture over the leg, turn it and pour over the remainder. Cover and set aside to marinate for 1 hour, turning the leg a couple of times.
- Place the garlic, onions and potatoes around the leg. Preheat the oven to 190C. Roast the meat for 15 minutes, then pour over a cup of the wine. Continue to roast for a further 60 - 75 minutes, basting ever 15 minutes and adding a little more wine if the pan juices dry out too much.
- Cover and set aside in a warm place to rest for 10 minutes before carving. A gravy can be made with the pan juices or simply serve with the juices over the meat.