- 1¾ cups plain flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of coconut (plus some for the tops)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup brown rum
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 125g of butter, melted
- Soak the raisins with the rum for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the oven on 200°C . Line 18 muffin tins with paper cases or brush oil on the bottoms.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in the coconut and sugar.
- In another bowl mix the milk, eggs and melted butter. Stir in the rum and raisins.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients all at once. Using a fork fold the ingredients together only until it is all wet.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin tins and sprinkle the tops with coconut.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. They are ready when a skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.