- 1¾ cups SR Flour
- 2 tblsn caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1 small zuchini grated
- 100 grams of shaved salami chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Brush oil on the bottoms of 12 regular sized muffin tins.
- Mix flour, sugar, paprika and baking powder in a bowl. Use some paper towel to absorb some of the moisture from the grated veges. Add the cheese, salami and veges to the flour and mix well.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg, and butter.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and fold in with a fork. Do not over mix.. it just has to be wet mostly through, it doesn't even matter if there are small areas of flour about. This is the main secret to good, light muffins.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each one about ⅔.
- Bake for 15 - 25 mins or until just starting to brown.