- A pack of pork spare ribs (ensure you buy the 'bones' ribs and not the fatty rib slices)
- 1 tub tomato paste
- I pack (or 3 large tbsps)sweet paprika
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4 dessert spoons raw sugar
- 1 average tumbler-glass water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up ribs and place them in a deep ovenproof dish
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Place ribs in oven and cook for 30 mins (no oil required at this point)
- Meanwhile, in a frypan heat oil and fry onion until soft
- Add all other ingredients and bring to boil - stirring all the time until combined and thick.
- When the ribs have cooked for 30 mins, remove from oven and drain off all fat.
- Cover ribs with mixture from frypan and place back in the oven for approximately 1 hr.
- Turn ribs at the half hour of cooking.
This recipe is easy and delicious and never fails. Don't be put off by the ingredients in the sauce - it has to be thick and it is really flavoursome. If you like chilli, then put a half a spoonful of chopped chilli into the mixture with the other ingredients. Enjoy