- 1½ tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 rump steak
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 continental cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into thin slices
- 2 long fresh red chillies, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped or torn
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil leaves, roughly chopped or torn
- ⅓ cup toasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- Mix together lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a jug. Marinate the steak with half of the sauce in the fridge, turning occasionally, for 2 hours.
- Preheat a grill or pan on high. Cook steak on for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Place the tomato, cucumber, onion, chilli, herbs, peanuts and lime leaves in a large bowl. Thinly slice steak across the grain and add to the salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing and gently toss to combine.